The Big Horn County Historical Museum provides a variety of educational opportunities and school programs.
- Guided and self-guided tours – Please contact us for more information
- Historical Programs – See “What’s Happening” section on home page
- Scavenger Hunts – Geared toward our young guests. Inquire at front desk
- Out-Reach Programs – Contact us for availability
- Research – Extensive library and archives. Please call for an appointment
- Kid’s History Day – An educational event offered annually the 3rd Thursday in May to area schools. Volunteers offer hands-on-activities geared toward 4th grade students. Our activities provide young people an opportunity to experience life as it was in the mid-1900s. Activities include: Churning butter, Indian Hand games, quilting, rope making, cow milking, laundry, and much, much more. Due to the popularity of this event, schools are encouraged to call and make reservations to participate.