The Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad opened a station in Lodge Grass, Montana in 1906. It quickly became the center of the growing small town since almost everything, including the mail, arrived by rail.
The first floor consists of a waiting room, warm and cold freight rooms and the agent’s office which is complete with early day equipment. Displays include original railroad equipment, carts and photographs. Upstairs served as a home to the depot agent. Rooms include a living-room, a kitchen and two bedrooms.
The depot was moved to the museum site in 1987.